Roti Bread Recipe
• 1 1/2 cups of flour
• 1 tbsp. oil,
• 1 tbsp. salt
• Warm water
For flavored version add quarter teaspoon turmeric powder and half teaspoon garlic powder
•In a bowl pour the flour and make a hole/well at the center, and salt and oil and gradually start adding warm water, knead very well for 5mins
• Place the dough in a bowl, cover and allow to stand for 30mins after 30mins, deep your hands inside water to get your hands wet, scoop half of the dough, shape it into a ball with your hands gently flatten it as much as you can.
• Place the flatten dough into a hot non-sticky pan and keep flattening the dough while it still on the hot pan, make sure your cooker is on low heat, cook this in the dry hot pan for some minutes and flip.
• Dab some oil with a kitchen brush and rub the oil over the surface of the roti as it is still on the pan cooking, flip again until both side turn brown, you can also cover with the pan while cooking the roti...
Enjoy with curry sauce, pepper soup,make shawama filling wrap the filling with roti bread and enjoy etc.... Yummy
Potato /tomato sauce
•5 meduim sized potatoes (peeled)
•5 plum tomatoes (chopped)
• half teaspoon chilli peppers
• half teaspoon curry powder
•1 teaspoon thyme
•2 knorr cubes
• half cup vegetable oil
•1 big onions (diced)
• small bunch spring onions.
• Cook the potatoes(divide each potato into 2 if you wish or leave it whole)
• Heat the vegetable oil with onions fry for 2mins, pour the chopped tomatoes and keep frying for 5mins
• Add the chilli peppers, thyme, curry and keep frying for another 2mins, add half of the bunch spring onions, stock cubes, potatoes and simmer for 2mins, when serving add decorate the roti bread, sauce with spring onions and enjoy.